Administered by an advisory group Chair, the SANOFI Award provides $48,000 in grant monies for prostate cancer research.
Apply for this year’s SANOFI Award. Please note each proposal should be submitted to CARO head office in the SANOFI award application template. Deadline to submit this year is April 14, 2017.
AWARD CRITERIA AND DETAILS
- The focus of the research should be prostate cancer.
- The competition will be open to clinical or non-clinical projects.
- The Principal Investigator must be a CARO member in good standing at the time of application.
- Non-CARO members may participate in a submission.
- Funds requested will be limited to a maximum of $24,000 per submission.
- Each applicant will be limited to one submission.
- Each submission must be sent via e-mail to the CARO office on the template; no application shall be accepted if it is not within the application template.
- Conference/travel support will be limited to $1,000.
- Each application must contain a clear statement of any other agencies to which the proposal has been sent. Other support expected or received should be documented.
- Where a centre has equipment that can be used in support of the study, requests for such funding should not be included in the application (e.g. CT-simulator scans, statistics support, if that is usually available within the centre etc.)
- Successful applicants are required to submit a progress report twelve months after the award is made and to submit their findings for presentation at a CARO Annual Scientific Meeting prior to publication elsewhere.
- Proposals will be reviewed and recommended for funding on the basis of high scientific merit, feasibility, and relevance to Canadian Radiation Oncology.
- Funds successfully awarded must be spent within Canada, but proposals may involve more than one centre. Candidates must identify a host institution in Canada that will receive and administer the funds.
- All applicants who have received awards from CARO and/or CROF must be up to date in their reporting in order to be eligible to apply for this program.
- Residents and fellows in Radiation Oncology who are members of CARO are welcome to apply. In the application form, please identify one of the co-investigators (C I) as the Co-PI, who will be mentoring the resident/fellow during the project. The mentoring Co-PI must be a CARO member in good standing at the time of application.
Deadline to submit this year is April 14, 2017.