CARO – Elekta Research Fellowship Program
Increasingly, Canadian Radiation Oncology residents are undertaking additional research training after graduation. However, funding for fellowships is limited, and this sometimes prevents residents from taking advantage of exciting opportunities at leading academic Radiation Oncology centers in Canada or internationally. This fellowship program was a unique opportunity for CARO and Elekta to foster the development of highly qualified clinicians and researchers, and future Radiation Oncology leaders.
The goals of the Program were to provide an opportunity for individuals who have completed their Radiation Oncology training in Canada to undertake additional clinical and/or translational research training in Canada or abroad. The research supported by this program was endorsed by both CARO and Elekta as relevant to the current or future practice of Radiation Oncology.
- 2014 CARO-Elekta Fellowship Recipient – Dr. Jean-Marc Bourque
- 2013 CARO-Elekta Fellowship Recipient – Dr. Hani Al-Halabi
- 2012 CARO-Elekta Fellowship Recipient – Dr. Kathy Han
- 2011 CARO-Elekta Fellowship Recipient – Dr. Jeffrey Cao
- 2010 CARO-Elekta Fellowship Recipient – Dr. Philip Wong
- 2009 CARO-Elekta Fellowship Recipient – Dr. David Palma
- 2008 CARO Elekta Fellowship Recipient – Dr. Scott Morgan
- 2007 CARO-Elekta Fellowship Recipient – Dr. Jason Pantarotto