Foundations of Leadership in Radiation Oncology – A Joint ESTRO-CARO-RANZCR Course
Course duration: 8 weeks with live pre-meeting workshop at ESTRO 37 (Friday April 20 2018)
This new course introduces foundation principles of effective Leadership as they apply to senior trainees and junior practitioners in the radiation oncology professions. The course aims to equip participants with the knowledge, skills and attributes viewed as the building blocks for effective leadership. The course is directed at professionals interested in developing expertise in leading teams, advocacy and positively influencing the future of our discipline within both local and international settings.
- Examine and reflect on their own behaviours, reactions and interactions with team members
- Describe basic leadership theory and styles as they might apply to practical situations
- Describe the foundations of effective change management and negotiation
- Explore strategies to establish and lead effective teams
- Apply basic quality improvement tools to approach an improvement process