CROF Resident Elective Travel Award
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS IS OPEN!
Provided by the Canadian Radiation Oncology Foundation, the CROF Resident Elective Travel Award addresses geographic disparities in the distribution of Radiation Oncology professionals across Canada by helping a senior CARO resident member explore career options in Canadian centres without residency training programs. Two awards at $1,000 each is available through this scholarship, which is administered by the CARO Education Committee.
AWARD DETAILS & CRITERIA
- Applicants must be PGY4 or 5 as of July of the current year, in good academic standing in Canadian Radiation Oncology program.
- Applicants must be undertaking an elective (minimum of one month) in a Radiation Oncology centre without a residency program.
- Please note this funding is not meant to support a resident’s mandatory community rotations, but rather for additional electives.
- To receive the award, the winning applicant must provide confirmation of a provisional acceptance by the host centre, a copy of the clinical schedule for the elective, and approval from the program director.
- 2 Awards at $1,000
- Completed application form
- 500 word personal statement about your interest in this program
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- The resident will provide confirmation of a provisional acceptance by the host centre, and approval from their program director
Please submit your application to Mary Hooey ay Mary.Hooey@uhn.ca