CARO-CROF Radiation Therapist Travel Grant
ATTENTION CANADIAN RADIATION THERAPISTS! – Interested in attending the CARO Annual Scientific Meeting in Toronto (September 13-16, 2017)?
In efforts to increase the engagement of our inter-professional colleagues in the activities of the Canadian Association of Radiation Oncology (CARO), we are happy to announce a CARO-CROF Radiation Therapist Travel Grant to support attendance at CARO’s Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)!
Supported by CARO’s charitable arm, the Canadian Radiation Oncology Foundation (CROF), two awards will be offered in the amount of $500, for two radiation therapists practicing in Canada who wish to be a part of the CARO Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM). Rich in content relating to science, practice, and education of radiation oncology, the CARO ASM provides a valuable opportunity to learn about advancements in our fields, network with colleagues from across Canada, and access continuing education credits often necessary to maintain practice eligibility.
The grant will provided in the form of a cheque for $500, to be applied towards ASM registration, transportation, or accommodation. The funds will be released to the successful applicant approximately 4-6 weeks after attendance at the ASM.. To maximize the benefit, the criteria for eligibility for the CARO-CROF Radiation Therapist Travel Grant are as follows:
- Currently practicing as a radiation therapist in Canada
- Has not attended a CARO ASM in the previous 5 years (for 2017, this means 2012-2016)
- Can provide a letter of support from a manager/supervisor to attest to willingness to ensure the successful radiation therapist would be freed from employment responsibilities to be able to attend the ASM
For those eligible and interested in applying, please submit the following to Ms Mary Hooey, ASM Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday August 18, 2017.
- Completed application form
- Letter of intent (maximum 1 page, 500 words) outlining professional areas of interest and what is hoped to be learned/achieved through attendance at the 2017 CARO ASM in Toronto
- Letter of support from manager/supervisor, as noted above
The two successful candidates will be notified within a week, to facilitate making necessary arrangements for ASM attendance.
While CARO (www.caro-acro.ca) is the national professional association for radiation oncologists, its engagement efforts extend to all those engaged in radiation oncology care, innovation and research . Therefore, its ASM is best served by including all professionals likewise engaged making inter-professional attendance and participation in the Programme important to informing best and collaborative practice in Canada.
Questions about the CARO-CROF Radiation Therapist Travel Grant can be directed to Ms Caitlin Gillan MRT(T) at Caitlin.email@example.com.